How To Get Rid Of German Cockroaches In Your Aiken, SC Home
November 15, 2021
Of all the pests that could be found in your Aiken home this year, German cockroaches are certainly the most dangerous. These insects have become a top-ranking pest in the area and can infest homes of any size or caliber.
Here are a few quick identification tips for German cockroach vectors:
- Tan or light brown color patterns
- Six legs
- Dark stripes that seem to run parallel down their bodies
- A pair of folded wings over their thorax
Let’s learn more about the problems these roaches can cause and how to keep them out of the house for good.
All The Problems Caused By German Cockroaches
Because of their small sizes and large breeding capacity, the dangers of German cockroaches can affect both humans and pets. The diseases they carry around can damage human health and create chronic illnesses that require medical treatment.
Thanks to their extreme formidability, cockroaches are also impossible to eliminate without professional measures. They have adapted to most over-the-counter (OTC) pesticides and are difficult to track down without professional assistance. This is one of the reasons why they are so much harder to treat than any other cockroach species.
Best Practices For Reducing German Cockroach Problems
Establishing German cockroach prevention long before an infestation is the best possible way to eliminate your risks for long-term problems.
German cockroach prevention may be as easy as 1-2-3-4:
- Start by getting rid of any cracks or gaps around the house that roaches could be exploiting. Armed with some waterproof caulking and a little elbow grease, systematically address all cracks at least once per season.
- Reduce access to food and garbage sources by storing various materials in their proper location. Food is best sealed inside glass or plastic containers, while trash should be kept inside an airtight bin. In all circumstances, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on any insect activity.
- Eliminate any puddling water or indoor humidity that could be attracting German cockroaches. Fix whatever you can on your own, including leaky pipes and clogged or slow-pouring drains.
- To prevent any further issues, homeowners are asked to perform regular deep cleaning and decluttering at least twice per year.
Need more rodent control help? Jury Pest Services is on the case.
Jury Pest Services Levels Up Your German Cockroach Protections
Despite what the internet may have told you, the best way to deal with a German cockroach infestation is with professional assistance. By removing all stages of the roaches’ lifecycle, you are better prepared to live in confidence, without the dangers of a roach resurgence. That’s why hundreds of home and business owners in Aiken rely on Jury Pest Services for their German cockroach prevention protocols.
At Jury Pest Services, we act as judge, jury, and executioner for every pest we come into contact with. We are known for our exceptional service and groundbreaking new methods, as evidenced by our commitment to quality in everything we do. We don’t just get rid of pests – we get rid of them for good!
Curious to see how Jury Pest Services could eliminate your German cockroach problems? Feel free to reach out through our online contact form to get started or call our Aiken office to discuss your initial inspection. We are here to make a difference in the lives of you and your family – guaranteed!