What Do I Do If I See Signs Of Termites Around My North Augusta Home?
February 14, 2023
Termites: they're every homeowner's worst nightmare. Just the thought of these insects munching away at your house is enough to make your skin crawl. They can inflict significant damage on your property, and if not promptly treated with termite pest control in North Augusta, they can infest the entire structure.
Jury Pest Services will discuss what you need to do if you see signs of termites, and we'll also provide some tips on preventing future infestations.
How Can I Tell If I Have A Termite Problem?
Termites are a year-round concern in North Augusta, so be sure to keep an eye out for the telltale signs of termites:
- Mud tubes: Active termites build mud tubes to travel from nests to wooden structures. These tubes are about the width of a pencil and are generally located on the exterior of your home.
- Wood damage: Termites eat wood from the inside out, so you may not see any damage on the surface. However, if you tap on a piece of wood that sounds hollow, that's a good indication that termites have been munching away at it.
- Wings: If you find discarded wings near doors or windows, that's a sign that termites are swarming. Swarming is when termites leave their nests to mate and start new colonies.
If you notice any signs of termites in your home, you must call a pest control professional immediately.
How Quickly Can Termites Destroy A House?
If left unchecked, termites can cause major damage to your property. They eat wood 24 hours a day and can irreparably damage a house in just a few years. And here in South Carolina, we're especially susceptible to termite damage because of our warm, humid climate.
Termite damage may initially begin as small holes in wood, but the damage will become more extensive over time. Eventually, termites can cause floors and ceilings to collapse. If you see any signs of a termite problem, call our professionals at Jury Pest Services as soon as possible.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Termites In My House?
The best way to get rid of termites is with the help of a professional pest control company like Jury Pest Services. We'll inspect your property and determine the best course of action. Once the termites are gone, we'll work with you to decide what steps you need to implement to prevent future infestations. Since 1955, our family has stayed ahead of the curve in termite pest control, and we're proud to offer our services to homeowners throughout the North Augusta area.
How Can I Prevent Future Termite Infestations In My House?
Here are a few of our best tips on preventative termite control in your home:
- Repair any damaged wood: Termites are attracted to wood that is already damaged, so make sure to repair any cracks, holes, or other damage.
- Eliminate moisture: Moist environments attract termites, so you must keep your home dry. Ensure proper drainage around your foundation and repair any leaks in your roof or plumbing.
- Keep wood away from your home: If you have firewood, mulch, or other wood products near your house, keep them at least 20 feet away.
If you think you may have a termite problem, don't wait to call a professional. And if you're concerned about preventing future infestations, our North Augusta pest control team can help. Contact Jury Pest Services today for more information or to request an inspection.